Parts Counter Sales Representative
|November 19, 2012 - January 08, 2013|
|Location:||North Platte, NE|
|Benefits:||Health, Dental, Vision, Life, 401K/Profit Sharing, Paid Vacations, Paid Holidays|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||NMC is currently looking for a Parts Counter Sales Representative at our North Platte, NE location. This job is responsible for effectively and efficiently assisting customers at the parts counter by facilitating parts sales based on the customers needs, researching and ordering parts, providing superior service to ensure customer satisfaction, and effectively communicating with customers to maximize parts sales and customer satisfaction.|
|Duties:||1. Provides exceptional customer service by assisting customers via phone or walk-in by correctly locating needed parts using various parts database systems in a timely and efficient manner to help minimize customer downtime. Offers technical advice, as appropriate, to meet customer needs. Orders parts by generating purchase orders and initiating credit applications on behalf of customer. Accurately enters data into database system for billing and inventory purposes.|
2. Assists shop technicians and sales staff with ordering and researching parts/service issues with machines and attachments and locating/tracking parts using in-house software, such as SIS, Promatch (MCFA), JLG, Epsilon (AGCO), Claas and other programs.
3. Locates and purchases parts from outside vendors for non-CAT equipment on behalf of customer. Reviews, codes and submits outside vendor invoices to Accounting.
4. Builds hydraulic hoses and locates proper fittings.
5. Assists warehouse in times of need with pulling, filling, stocking and shipping customer orders.
6. Investigates and manages customer complaints in a professional and diplomatic manner ensuring timely resolution according to company guidelines. Obtains adequate information and properly documents all information received.
7. Processes (pulls, tags and ships) returned parts to vendor including inspecting remanufactured and warranty parts.
8. Receives and acts on daily inventory bin count report counting bins, updating database with findings and researching and resolving discrepancies.
9. May perform other duties as required and assigned.
|Qualifications:|| Knowledge of and experience with NMC product lines preferred.|
Mechanical aptitude required.
Working knowledge of various machines and their respective parts, including their designs and uses for both CAT and Allied equipment.
Knowledge of SIS, Parts Pro or similar parts-ordering computer systems preferred.
Knowledge of methods and various tools used for building hydraulic hoses (caliper, bolt/thread gauge, hose press, crimping machine) preferred.
Ability to provide exceptional customer service to ensure high customer satisfaction and instill customer confidence.
Ability to communicate technical information to non-technical personnel.
Ability to work overtime, if needed.
Ability to react well under pressure and manage difficult or emotional customer situations.
Skills in effective verbal, listening and written communication to consult with customers, understand issues and recommend solutions.
Ability to operate a forklift.
Ability to answer phones a minimum of 6 hours per day.
Ability to work a flexible schedule with rotating on-call weekends required.
Ability to travel <5% of time to different branch locations for training classes.
Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others to include customers, vendors, employees and the public.
Ability to utilize proper bending, lifting, stooping, pushing, pulling, climbing, dismounting and three-points of contact techniques.
Education and Experience:
High School diploma or equivalent required.
Minimum of 2 years of parts, sales, counter or customer service-related experience required.
Prior experience as a service technician a plus.
Experience within a similar industry (automotive, trucks, heavy machinery, etc.) and/or warehouse experience preferred.
Valid drivers license required.
NMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.