Human Resources Assistant
|October 22, 2012 - July 08, 2013|
|Benefits:||Health, Dental, Vision, Life, 401k/Profit Sharing, Paid Vacations, Paid Holidays|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||This job is responsible for all payroll functions associated with maintaining, updating and processing company/employee payroll data and information accurately and timely on a bi-weekly/monthly basis.|
|Duties:||1. Administers all areas of the Corporate Payroll Comprised of 600+ employees, 4 states and 3 Feins. Reviews payroll information for completeness and accuracy prior to processing. Makes adjustments or coordinates adjustments as needed. Processes for bi-weekly and monthly transmittance to ADP. Facilitates the distribution of payroll checks to employees.|
2. Prepares, balances and distributes payroll funding requests and associated vendor payments for all payrolls; prepares and enters adjustments in system to correct employee records.
3. Performs HRIS System maintenance, site administration, production support, and end user security administration. Maintains HRIS records and compiles reports from database. Keeps employee records up-to-date by processing employee status changes in timely fashion.
4. Prepares weekly, monthly, quarterly and year-end reports (gross earnings, gross payroll, hours worked, overtime hours worked, PTO accrual, tax deductions, benefit deductions, etc.) for management team and Safety Manager.
5. Audits timekeeping records to ensure compliance with all applicable state and federal wage and hour laws and established standards. Follows-up to ensure accurate and complete payroll entries.
6. Reconciles payroll-related activity accounts and interacts with accounting to clear reconciling items; balances current, month-to-date and year-to-date payroll registers for all companies.
7. Explains payroll and time entry policies and procedures; research and respond to inquiries from management, employees and third parties.
8. May perform other duties as required and assigned.
|Qualifications:|| Knowledge of a variety of payroll and accounting concepts, practices and procedures.|
Knowledge and proficiency in ADP Payroll environments, to include Pay-Expert, ezLabor, Workforce Now, ADP reporting and HRB.
Knowledge of federal and state payroll-related regulations.
Ability to deal with crises; remain calm and composed under pressure.
Ability to work well as a team member.
Ability to handle sensitive and confidential situations and maintain a high level of confidentiality.
Ability to provide exceptional customer service to ensure high customer satisfaction.
Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks and projects concurrently.
Ability to work with a sense of urgency to meet deadlines.
Exceptional written and verbal communications skills, along with positive, professional, and friendly communication skills required.
Skills in analytical problem solving.
Skills in Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.). Intermediate skills with Excel to create spreadsheets and databases to extract information.
Strong math skills to calculate payments and deductions.
Education and Experience:
Associates degree in applicable field preferred and/or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Minimum of 2-3 years of escalated payroll experience processing payroll for 600+ employees in a multi-state environment required.
NMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.