This job is responsible for administering and coordinating DOT compliance, reporting, training and auditing as it relates to qualifying NMC or NMC subsidiary vehicles. In addition, this job schedules and coordinates repair and maintenance of motor vehicles and equipment, performs inventory control, record keeping activities, vehicle acquisition and inventory control activities.
1. Provides administration and maintenance on variety of spreadsheets and reports tracking DOT compliance, vehicle inventory (Fleet, cars, trucks, & trailers), Driver assignment and billing codes, vehicle fuel cards, etc.
2. Maintains all DOT records and reports required by Federal, State and local regulations. Ensures Driver Qualification files are complete and updated as required by FMCSA rules and regulations. Ensures employment applications for Driver positions contain necessary information based upon Driver level. Coordinates all required Drug and Alcohol screenings.
3. Monitors hours of service (HOS) for required employees in safety sensitive roles, auditing log books for any HOS violations (documenting HOS violation with corrective action) as well as maintaining logs on file per DOT requirements.
4. Manages annual inspections of all vehicles and/or compliance documents to ensure safety, regulatory compliance, prolonged service life, and appearance. Ensures any concerns identified are communicated and resolved. Maintains inspection forms on file per DOT requirements. Conducts periodic random site audits of vehicles to ensure compliance with Federal, State and local rules and safety requirements. Provides written report and feedback. Identifies any and/or all deficiencies and immediately implements steps necessary to rectify.
5. Evaluates remarketing of vehicles to determine if vehicle should be re-assigned or sold. Coordinates employee auction events for vehicles to be sold. Arranges auctions or secures buyers for vehicles not sold at employee auction events.
6. Acquires state-required certificates and documents and schedules registrations and inspections for all company vehicles, including transfers between states and/or counties.
7. Conducts quarterly audits on required DOT and miscellaneous government-related paperwork and reports to ensure compliance with Federal, State and local rules and safety requirements.
8. Conducts and/or facilitates regular and ongoing training for Managers and Drivers through meetings, video, and verbal presentations. Provides documentation and instruction to Transportation Managers, Managers and HR team to ensure all Drivers receive transportation safety training as part of on-boarding process.
9. Monitors and maintains proper credentials (hazmat endorsement on license) for employees involved with hauling hazardous materials (truck batteries, propane tanks, corrosive materials (lift truck), and any larger generators carrying 120+ gallons of fuel), as well as maintaining records of any hazardous material (shipping documents) hauled.
10. Maintains insurance compliance on all company vehicles. Distributes general liability insurance certificates to customers as requested.
11. Recommends and coordinates purchase of vehicles with managers ensuring adherence to proper cost and control measures (including vehicle specifications).
12. Secures necessary approvals for repair and service on vehicles.
13. May perform other duties as required and assigned.
Strong knowledge of DOT legal, regulatory and OSHA safety compliance.
Knowledge of light, medium, and heavy duty trucks.
Ability to use relevant information and individual judgment to determine whether events or processes comply with laws, regulations, or standards.
Ability to utilize proper bending, lifting, stooping, pushing, pulling, climbing, dismounting and three-points of contact techniques.
Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks and projects concurrently.
Ability to maintain high attention to detail.
Ability to meet and maintain company driving requirements
Ability to work well as a team member.
Ability to travel up to 25% of time.
Strong skills in effective oral, written, interpersonal and listening, including the ability to communicate technical information to nontechnical personnel.
Skills in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.).
Education and Experience:
High School diploma or equivalent required.
Associates degree in Business, Diesel Technology or related field preferred and/or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Minimum of 3 years working with DOT and OSHA compliance required.
Minimum of 3 years of transportation, logistics or safety management experience required.
Certifications in Transportation Safety and Compliance preferred.
Valid drivers license.
NMC is an equal opportunity employer and affords equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or membership in any class protected by applicable local, state or federal law.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.