|February 27, 2013 - April 25, 2013|
|Benefits:||Health, Dental, Vision, Life, 401K/Profit Sharing, Paid Vacations, Paid Holidays|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||NMC is currently looking for a Drafter at our Omaha, NE location. This job is responsible for creating design documentation for new products and instructions for OEM parts, including dimensions, material specification, and all other pertinent information required for manufacturing. |
|Duties:||1. Prepare accurate 2D and 3D CAD models in support of various NMC Divisions. Produce dimensioned part and assembly drawings according to established drafting standards and in consideration of manufacturability. Deliver work within scheduled timeframe, ensuring product is consistent with established drafting standards and company guidelines.|
2. Communicate with technicians to discern critical component properties and intended product use.
3. Prepare and assemble project specific parts, service and maintenance manuals.
4. Assist other drafters in resolving product issues and identifying product improvements as needed and time permits
5. Maintain current knowledge of drafting methods and techniques, including industry standards and software improvements as time permits. Provide feedback to personnel as needed.
6. Consult with engineering to ensure fabricated components are structurally suitable for the intended application.
7. May perform other duties as required and assigned.
|Qualifications:|| Working knowledge of material properties and behavior.|
Ability to read and produce mechanical drawings.
Ability to meet deadlines while ensuring productivity targets are met.
Ability to calculate geometric properties such as but not limited to lengths, distances, angles, areas and volumes using basic geometric and trigonometric skills.
Ability to resolve problems with minimal assistance.
Skills in effective verbal, listening and written communication to consult with technicians and customers to better understand issues and recommend solutions.
Skills in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.)
Generally proficient with computer use and operation.
Education and Experience:
Associate of applied science degree in drafting or engineering technology required.
Proficient with 3D CAD modeling software such as but not limited to SolidWorks, Autodesk Inventor, AutoCAD, etc.
Familiar with manufacturing methods and design for manufacturability concepts.
Familiar with geometric dimensioning and tolerancing techniques.
Valid drivers license (Class O) required.
NMC is an equal opportunity employer and affords equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or membership in any class protected by applicable local, state or federal law.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.