|April 20, 2013 - July 21, 2013|
|Benefits:||Health, Dental, Vision, Life, 401k/Profit Sharing, Paid Vacations, Paid Holidays|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||This job is responsible for designing, developing and assembling complex custom systems and circuits to meet customer needs and requests, as well as performing full maintenance, diagnosis and service repair in a shop environment on all Railway and Fusion Equipment.|
|Duties:||1. Designs new hydraulic, electrical and mechanical systems/circuits to meet customer needs and requests. Designs new systems/circuits to operate new and older attachments. |
2. Inspects, diagnoses, troubleshoots, services and repairs customer machines in a shop environment. Performs failure analysis on all equipment including engines, electrical systems, hydraulics, transmission, power train, brakes, steering and electronic/computer applications.
3. Tests and adjusts new, used and updated products/machinery to ensure new designs, circuits and products are set to perform to fullest potential.
4. Develops lists, assembly and disassembly procedures, testing and adjusting procedures, hydraulic and electrical schematics, and physical components such as brackets, supports and enclosures.
5. Finds and locates parts needed for development of new products and repairs. Researches SIS and outside sources to find components to perform desired functions required, along with safety, ergonomic, hydraulic, electrical and mechanical products.
6. Prepares all required forms and reports, such as work orders, warranty information and SIMS reports, charges out time, documents expenses and purchase orders, ensuring accuracy of detail daily. Orders and returns needed parts.
7. Follows all safety policies and procedures, including contamination control and HAZMAT rules and regulations. Reports potentially unsafe conditions. Uses equipment and materials properly. Attends safety meetings as required. Maintains tools in good working order as per MSHA and OSHA regulations. Maintains a clean work area in accordance to contamination control and NMC standards.
8. Participates in all job-related training and applicable development classes to maintain current knowledge base on machines serviced by NMC Diversified Products.
10. May perform other duties as required and assigned.
|Qualifications:|| Knowledge of and ability to regularly use: Hand wrenches, grease guns, hammers, impact tools, air tools, torque wrenches, screw drivers, basic measuring tools, overhead hoists, slings and chains, electrical testing equipment, hydraulic test equipment and numerous other specialized testing and adjusting equipment. Most often the employee must furnish the majority of the above tools.|
Knowledge of methods, materials, tools and techniques used in the repair of railroad equipment, including railroad specifications, practices, procedures, maintenance, etc.
Knowledge of hydraulic excavator/backhoe circuits, electrical/hydraulic/mechanical design and drive systems.
Ability to read and understand parts books, service manuals and electrical/hydraulic schematics.
Ability to troubleshoot and diagnose machine issues and completely perform technical task at hand.
Ability to operate a forklift.
Ability to utilize proper bending, lifting, stooping, pushing, pulling, climbing, dismounting and three-points of contact techniques.
Ability to create parts and procedures books.
Ability to think creatively relying on personal knowledge to design products vs. procedures or parts books/service manuals.
Ability to maintain an acceptable driving record to operate all types of equipment, such as telehandlers, lifts, loaders, mini-excavators, etc., being repaired.
Ability to work well as a team member.
Ability to write meaningful and legible service reports and work orders.
Ability to react well under pressure.
Ability to operate various pieces of equipment to ensure repair results in functioning machine.
Ability to maintain current product knowledge of all railroad-related equipment and competitive products.
Ability to work overtime as needed.
Skills in effective customer service and verbal, listening and written communication to consult with customers, understand issues and recommend solutions.
Basic PC skills required in Microsoft Word and Outlook.
Skills to successfully work with various CAT software systems required to access service information and diagnose machine problems, including CAT ET, ABS, SIS, and TMI.
Skills in problem solving, organization and effective time management.
Skills in safety rig or hook for lifting and blocking parts, components, or machines and operating floor jacks and overhead cranes.
Education and Experience:
Vocational training/Associates Degree in Applied Diesel Technology required and 3-5 years of experience in heavy equipment repairs.
Experience troubleshooting various types of systems and components (hydraulics, mechanical, pneumatic, power train, electronic, electrical, air and fuel systems, ac/dc electrical theory, etc.) on a large number of different kinds of equipment.
Experience designing, engineering, fabricating electrical and/or hydraulic systems.
Experience welding, torching, grinding, etc.
NMC is an equal opportunity employer and affords equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or membership in any class protected by applicable local, state or federal law.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.