Branch Operations Manager
|July 09, 2013 - August 24, 2013|
|Location:||Sioux Falls, SD|
|Benefits:||Health, Dental, Vision, Life, 401k/Profit Sharing, Paid Vacations, Paid Holidays|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Department:||Material Handling (Lift)|
|Description:||This job is responsible for managing the Parts and Services staff with the Material Handling Group at a NMC branch. In addition, this job directs the operations of the branch in order to meet or exceed annual financial objectives.|
|Duties:||1. Builds and manages a competent team within branch by effectively hiring, training and developing employees, delegating work assignments, writing and conducting performance appraisals, coaching and counseling, and administering disciplinary procedures. |
2. Develops and expands relationships with existing clients by analyzing financial needs in order to sell and cross-sell products and services in support of established branch revenue/profitability and customer acquisition/ retention objectives. Resolves escalated customer issues. Follows-up on customer satisfaction survey results. Responsible for annual revenue growth.
3. Plans, manages and controls all service-related activities associated with service repair work and providing parts to customers. Strives for constant improvement and development of service department by researching and developing new techniques and procedures to increase overall efficiency of service department operation.
4. Acts as primary contact for customers in all matters pertaining to service and parts such as technical issues, diagnosing equipment failures, invoice and repair inquiries, etc. Initiates contact with customer regarding current and future service needs by reviewing service history, warranty records and product improvement and support programs. Makes policy and re-work decisions based upon best interest of NMC and customer.
5. Coordinates scheduling of equipment repairs on work orders and dispatching workflow to shop/field technicians with Service Writer/Service Assistant.
6. Directs branch operations including recommending best practices, reducing overall costs, driving revenue growth and supporting customer satisfaction.
7. Demonstrates organizational advocacy through positive teamwork and building trust and mutual respect for customers and employees. Develops and implements initiatives that reinforce vision of NMC. Aligns branch to deliver quality customer experiences and instill NMC core values.
8. Provides input for annual market review and business plan promoting machine sales, parts, rental, service and safety.
9. Provides recommendations for product/process enhancements to drive profitability and efficiency.
10. May perform other duties as required and assigned.
|Qualifications:|| Knowledge of accounting/budgeting principles preferred.|
Knowledge of rules and regulations regarding a safe work environment.
Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair and maintenance of lift truck equipment.
Ability to develop collaboration across departments.
Ability to coach, counsel and motivate team members within branch.
Ability to plan and establish systems to control expenses at branch location.
Ability to foster a customer-focused approach to sales and service at branch location.
Ability to effectively influence actions and opinions of others.
Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees.
Ability to deal with crises; remain calm and composed under pressure; ability to deal with employees/customers rattled due to a systems problem.
Self-motivated and able to work with a sense of urgency to meet deadlines and address competing priorities.
Above average interpersonal skills to lead, inspire, manage, direct, motivate, and develop positive employee relations.
Ability to exhibit sound and accurate judgments when making decisions.
Ability to provide exceptional customer service to ensure high customer satisfaction.
Ability to travel 15% of time.
Ability to work well as a team member.
Possesses networking and strategic relationship building skills.
Skills in effective verbal, listening and written communication to consult with customers, understand issues and recommend solutions.
Skills in time management, organization and forecasting.
Skills in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.).
Associates degree in Business, Finance or related field preferred and/or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Minimum of 2 years of business management experience in sales and/or operations management required in related field.
Knowledge or familiarity with lift trucks or automotive equipment preferred.
Valid drivers license required.
The NMC Group of Companies create exceptional customer value by continuously developing high quality capital equipment services that harness synergistic partnerships, values added capabilities & talented people delivering long term sustainable growth.
NMC is an equal opportunity employer and affords equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or membership in any class protected by applicable local, state or federal law.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.